Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheeling this saturday 06-24-06... crooked finger?

well the monster is getting retired to the farm for some major major work(needs new engine and clutch, plus I got a number of projects I'm gonna get a start on, but I want to take my new 84 wagon out and see what it can do. I'm not gonna be doing anything super crazy so stock rigs would be welcome. I was thinking of somewhere around estacada/clackamas or back up to crooked finger again. Anyone interested?

:brow: @ OB. I'm going to be out in Hillsboro in the early afternoon on Sat, there's some good trails towards Vernonia if anyone wanted to take a little adventure out there. I found a nice one a month or two back but my friend's bronco got stuck and we spent like 3 hours getting him out so we didn't make it any further.

Getting stuck is :eek::mad: !

But I haven't had to abandon a car yet so I guess that's a good thing :rolleyes:

I think I need to get a mattock for choppin' stuff.

EDIT: Scrap, I'll be open a lot more weekends in the future 'cause my girlfriend is moving across the country. So we should go check out the FS roads by Ripplebrook soon.

well the monster is getting retired to the farm for some major major work(needs new engine and clutch, plus I got a number of projects I'm gonna get a start on, but I want to take my new 84 wagon out and see what it can do. I'm not gonna be doing anything super crazy so stock rigs would be welcome, but please be prepared to take some kind of body damage if it comes to it cause I dont want to be spending 2 hours trying to get a 2003 outback unstuck without taking any damage. I was thinking of somewhere around estacada/clackamas or back up to crooked finger again. Anyone interested?

Really interesting .....Let see I waited around and helped unstuck you for almost 2hours ....Just because I have a more expensive rig doesn't mean I have to drive like idiot and mash a fender in the trees/break two headlights. Oh yeah we had to wait for you to install your rear axles so you had 4wheel drive...the whole reason you got stuck in the first place...."nothing supercrazy" ...taking body damge is just dumb..if it can be avoided. Maybe when you grow up a few years and have some responsiblity you'll be more careful wheelin' not everybody has a thrasher rig

...Besides I've already brushed the hell out of my rig and bashed my right front lower radiator mount...so ya think I wasn't prepared to take damage...?

Really interesting .....Let see I waited around and helped unstuck you for almost 2hours ....Just because I have a more expensive rig doesn't mean I have to drive like idiot and mash a fender in the trees/break two headlights. Oh yeah we had to wait for you to install your rear axles so you had 4wheel drive...the whole reason you got stuck in the first place...."nothing supercrazy" ...taking body damge is just dumb..if it can be avoided. Maybe when you grow up a few years and have some responsiblity you'll be more careful wheelin' not everybody has a thrasher rig

...Besides I've already brushed the hell out of my rig and bashed my right front lower radiator mount...so ya think I wasn't prepared to take damage...?

hey sorry... man I'm a hypocrit :rolleyes: no hard feelings. body damage wasnt intentional, just wanted to see how far I can go, which is what wheeling is all about right?

Dudes, we had fun. Both of you got stuck. It's all good. I think that your car is too nice to go wheelin' G, but all that means is that if I had it I wouldn't do the stuff you did. That's why _I_ own a beater to go wheelin' with. :grin: I was very impressed with both of your rigs, I'm pretty amazed at what a stock height Outback can do. Although it can't drive on other cars like a lifted one can:headbang:

Next time I'll leave my recovery tools at home and we'll see who has to leave their car behind :drunk:

I painted my fender guys, so I need to go get it muddy so it matches the rest of the car... It's a whole lot brighter than the rest of my rig. I'm almost tempted to paint the rest of it so it matches, but that's way too much work for a $130 car.

-A

Dudes, we had fun. Both of you got stuck. It's all good. I think that your car is too nice to go wheelin' G, but all that means is that if I had it I wouldn't do the stuff you did. That's why _I_ own a beater to go wheelin' with. :grin: I was very impressed with both of your rigs, I'm pretty amazed at what a stock height Outback can do. Although it can't drive on other cars like a lifted one can:headbang:

Next time I'll leave my recovery tools at home and we'll see who has to leave their car behind :drunk:

I painted my fender guys, so I need to go get it muddy so it matches the rest of the car... It's a whole lot brighter than the rest of my rig. I'm almost tempted to paint the rest of it so it matches, but that's way too much work for a $130 car.

-A

:grin:

P6170623.jpg

had a bunch of fun on the rocks out there too later in the day, wish I had more clutch left.

I'll have to head out on sunday.

Just don't forget what pulled you OFF the car when you got stuck on top of it... See, these mostly stock subes are good for something :brow:

hahaha... wow I had almost forgotten about that, good times. I felt like such an idiot when I did that, I'm really surprised that actually worked. Anyways I'll never leave someone I went to go wheeling with behind if they get stuck, but it sucks getting stuck like that in general.

Wait wait wait... you got stuck ON TOP OF another subaru?!?!

lol, scrap, you are the man! lol

no pics? :confused:

now THAT would be funny

heh.. for some reason.. roo on roo action... good stuff... :slobber:

I would have taken a picture of that... but if it runs why ruin it intentionally...? :grin:

P6170621.jpg

I wasnt quite highcentered, had plenty of traction but didnt have enough power, gearing and clutch to get off of it under its own power.

Ok so maybe we got off on the wrong foot....All is good...

By the way I'm lifted 2inches not a stock height outback.

I'm going to Hood tommorrow so If ya wanna join... call me early.

As far as nice rigs ...I've seen guys with their brand new rigs out there wheelin that don't even have plates yet!!! mines 3 years old...almost paid off..

That tool I have is called a Maddox by the way...:banana:

Ok so maybe we got off on the wrong foot....All is good...

By the way I'm lifted 2inches not a stock height outback.

I'm going to Hood tommorrow so If ya wanna join... call me early.

As far as nice rigs ...I've seen guys with their brand new rigs out there wheelin that don't even have plates yet!!! mines 3 years old...almost paid off..

That tool I have is called a Maddox by the way...:banana:

I may or may not be able to, but if I can I will. I'll be in a stock rig, but at least it has a skid plate :grin: I just need to make sure to bring a few spare tires cause the tires on it are questionable...