Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Manual tranny lube?

I was reading through the cheveron sales document yesterday and came across the 75w-140(?) transmission oil. Anyone running this in the ea82's ? 5speed d/r. I ran it in my '83 bmw r100s and it made a huge difference in the operation of the gearbox. I'm hoping the it will help the soob, not that the tranny is troubled by any standards.

What are some common things one needs to do on the ea82 efi engine to help maintain good gas milage. Fule system cleaner, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, air filter , fuel filter those are pretty much standard for any car anything specific to the soob?

I use 80W-90 in my transmission. Runs fine. Also, if you throw in some Rislone (its an engine treatment) with it, it will help clean your synchros, and it leaves a protective coating on them. I put half of a quart in my wagons transmission when I refilled it after changing the drive shaft, and it really does make a difference.

I learned this from the USRM: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49955

However, its misspelled in that post. Its actually Rislone and not Reslone.