Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Very Impressed with my new Subaru

All great stories...

I love my OBW, especially during a snowstorm. I made a point of travelling around my neighborhood during the last bad snow storm we had to see how well the car would do. It is amazing. There were areas that had not been plowed where the snow was several inches higher than the ground clearance my car provides, and the car did not miss a beat. It was cool looking at my tracks in the rear view... There were two tire tracks with a smooth area of snow between them and deeper snow on the outside! It really is an awesome vehicle but I do wish I had more ground clearance. I can't wait for the next snow storm!! (Although I am enjoying the summer heat right now)

Regards,

Bob

Very impressive video. Can someone explain to me why the Sube's are better then those "other" 4WDs? I mean you can see the rear wheels just sitting there on the Volvo. Isn't that car 4wd? One would think 4wd means just that. But that Volvo looked as though it was front wheels only.

I've read a translation of that video somewhere, and it said the host said that he wanted to stress the cars had identical tires, and they tried to make it as fair as possible. The comment on the google video site is funny because they seemed to have the same starting speed to me. Stopped to go.

I drove through a puddle this weekend that (secretly) fed the Missippi River also. The puddle wasnt any bigger than my car but my car sank through it up to the mirrors and ingested some water, didnt hydrolock the engine, but it wouldnt start. Had crank it forever, and then it was rough while it cleared the water out (via the tailpipe) I also went ahead and changed the filters and fluids. But after that it drove 350 miles home and got 25 mpg at 80 mph. So I've decided they're tougher than they look.