Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'81 Wagon Vandalized...possibly for sale

Howdy all, it has been quite a long time since I have visited these forums, but some of you may remember my '81 GL 4x4 Wagon, named Diamond. I bought this car 5 years ago and was in need of some cosmetic work, so I spent a lot of time and money patching the rust holes and treating it with POR15 paint. Engine and manual tranny have only 40K on them and I also customized it by adding a brighter dome light, brush guard, fog lights, sport electric radiator fan, and other things. Oh, by the way, it has a fully functional "passing light", otherwise known as the "third eye". Also, has two full sets of wheels/tires, one for dry weather and one for snow, the dry set are super rare alloy rims, while the snows are on the metal spoked ones, all with caps...etc.

Well, as the story goes, went to Texas for nearly a month while it stayed in a fenced-in storage area here where I live in Golden, Colorado. I came back to discover that someone broke out my windshield and both rear quarter panel windows. They only took a couple speakers and left other valuable stuff which I already uninstalled because I didn't want them to get any more of the equipment. Last night I bought a nice big tarp and secured it as best I could while I debate what to do now.

Anyhow, I haven't got any quotes yet on replacing the windows, but due to me now being unemployed, I probably won't be able to afford replacing them anytime soon. We might be moving back to Texas, and if so, I probably would end up selling it to someone who would take dear care of it. Also included would be a '72 Luv truck bed trailer that it towed around for some time, so that means the Wagon does have a hitch and wiring to do so.

If anyone has any connections with a window supplier/installer in the Denver, Colorado area, please let me know. Otherwise I will start considering serious offers on it. Let me post a picture of it now:

Guanella1.1.jpg

That's the only picture I could come up with for now, I can try to find more later if need be. Thanks for you time, Jeff

I can get some pretty decent deals through my Brother's shop, if I remember correctly Jerry can also get some deals through his work. Correct me if I'm wrong Jerry. Quarter windows shouldn't be too hard and could most likely do those yourself with JY replacements. But yeah plenty of board members in this area that should be able to help you out.

I can get some pretty decent deals through my Brother's shop, if I remember correctly Jerry can also get some deals through his work. Correct me if I'm wrong Jerry. Quarter windows shouldn't be too hard and could most likely do those yourself with JY replacements. But yeah plenty of board members in this area that should be able to help you out.

Hey DrKrazy, could you please PM me with a phone number? You are in the Golden area as well, nice to see. Otherwise I can PM you with my cell number, thanks, Jeff

I might be interested in taking it off of your hands for cheap. I know a few people who could use a good vehicle.

DrKrazy: Any chance on helping me get a good deal for a windshield for my wag? I've been pulled over again since I got it for how bad the windshield is. Elite quoted me $155 to do it at my house.

Diamond- Few questions is there chrome around your windshield that needs replaced? That would up the price a tad, but they were giving my Brother a rough estimate of about $140.

Mike- does it look like your molding needs replacing..again ups the price. Again they were saying about $140ish so looks like my Bro only gets about 5-10 percent off.

Maybe someone else has a better hook-up, since I can get 10 percent off through my work even..Jerry?

• 2 weeks later...
Ya I only get a small discount through elite.If anyone wants they can PM me and I will do the best I can to help.

You are right Drkrazy I can get pretty decent discounts through work.I get discounts at carquest and pepboys.

Let me know if I can help.:)

Update: Called Elite yesterday, grand total for all three windows will be over 500 clams, which exceeds what I bought it for. Spent a lot of time self-debating about it too, but finally came to the decision to fix it and keep it. We will be moving to Texas at the end of the month, so it will be going with us and with trailer in tow. I have another question and will be start a new thread about it. Thanks for the replies. Jeff