Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 into EA82 electrical problems

jelly man

I have a 85 GL wagon that I dropped an EJ22 into. It has been sitting for a few months until I can figure why it won't start. It won't hit on even one cylinder. I bought the wiring diagram from Kennedy engineering but I had the shop manuals and they were just as good. The engines cranks. I have fuel pressure. I have no spark and the injectors aren't firing. The engine and electronics came from a running vehicle that I had. I checked the ECU for all the correct power supply voltages and grounds. I also checked the wiring harness for continuity from the ECU to the engine harness. Everything checks out. I have also swapped out the ECU and ignitor from another working vehicle. I have seen in other threads on this swap that on an automatic transmission ECU the inhibitor switch wires from the ECU might need to be jumped? I've tried jumping them,grounding them and leaving them open. What's the correct procedure for the wires b9 and b10 on the ECU? Any other ideas/suggestions/help would be appreciated.