Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A replacement front bumper for my 96 outback? Please don't suggest 1stsubaruparts as I tried to place an order with them before only to have it never completed,billed or shipped.No one has one at any local junkyards and I really need another badly. Also theoretically I would think one of a regular Legacy/Legacy GT would work,is that a correct assumption?If so where would I get one?Any help is appreciated.

A decent body shop in your area should be able to help you hunt one down (may have leads on both new and used). And depending on the condition, they might even be able to restore the one you've got.

Yeah,but I'm looking to spend as little as possible and I don't think that's going to happen if a bodyshop gets involved.

Well, I figured since you were looking at a new one, that a body shop might be a viable option, especially since you "really need another badly."

I've found smaller local mechanics are often willing to share good sources for used parts. The smaller guys are not usually into selling parts anyway, unless it's part of a job, so there's no conflict of interest.

And maybe try 1stsubaruparts again (at least contact them). They have a pretty sterling rep around here. If you let them know your were let down before, I'd bet they will make extra sure to not repeat.

A replacement front bumper for my 96 outback? Please don't suggest 1stsubaruparts as I tried to place an order with them before only to have it never completed,billed or shipped.No one has one at any local junkyards and I really need another badly. Also theoretically I would think one of a regular Legacy/Legacy GT would work,is that a correct assumption?If so where would I get one?Any help is appreciated.

Hi:

I know others on this Forum have not been happy with them, but I have ( so far) had very good service from Subaru Parts For You; Obviously you would have to pay be willing to pay the new part price.

John:banana:

Do a search for Junk Yard Dog and then post your request with them it will then go out to yards all over the county and the ones that have what you are hunting will get back with you by E- mail, This is the best way I have found to find parts try it.