Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A day in the garage, wiring...

TheSubaruJunkie

Wired my CB Radio, another stereo with a booster amp, new speakers and power inverter. This is all in the hatch. Just hope my alternator can power everything, expecially while im charging my camcorder :)

hatch_interior.jpg

Here's my CB Radio.

hatch_interior2.jpg

I took the headliner down just far enough to squeeze a piece of fiber-board up top. The fiberboard has the CB mount screwed to it. I had cut a hole just big enough for the cb mount to stick down, and then screwed through the headliner into the fiberboard to hold it in place. Then bolted the CB to it. I actually did all this to my wagon, but kept all the pieces for my hatchback. This install looks alot cleaner than the one I performed on the wagon. I also ran all the wiring through the headliner including the cable for the antenna. About as neat and clean as it'll get.

-Brian

The stock stereo and console will be removed when i fab a new console. This is the top of the iceburg when it comes to interior modifications. The new stereo has a CD-IN plug that my portable MP3/CD player will be using. Wanted to get that installed for the show since I will be on the road for the next 6 out of 8 days. Also spent all morning burning 11 new MP3 Cd's so i wont have to listen to the same song twice :)

As far as your brat, does it have T-Tops? If so, you will have a large plastic piece between the T-Tops you can screw into. Maybe bolt a plate above it to help support the CB. My CB is plastic, and very small and light. So Im not worried about the headliner supporting its wieght.

-Brian

i was thinking about putting the cb up top in my brat,and curious as to how i should do it.damn, i never though about fiber board.good stroke ol'chap,good stroke.how many stereo's do you need?:lol:

Hey, I mounted my cb between the T-tops, you can have a peek at the show to see how its done.:grin::brow: