Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Source for throttle position sensor?

On a previous post I received some helpful advice on poor acceleration. I replaced my oxygen sensor. Other comments mentioned the throttle position sensor. I have been scouting around for one and found they are very expensive.

Can anyone suggest a source for this item?

I have tried my local Subaru dealer, parts stores and even found one on Amazon (strange, that).

My car is '94 Loyale with single throttle body injection.

Regards, David

Your local junkyard or Pull n Save should have plenty. I've grabbed two or three last time I was there just to mess with / look at. If you really want one I'll send one to you, but they could be bad or worn out.

I have my doubts about there being large numbers of Subarus in the Georgia wrecking yards, but it never hurts to look. The TPS from any EA82 model with SPFI should work.

I've been having the same sort of off idle bogging/hesitation/flaky TPS problem. Anyone ever tried adapting a TPS off of some other vehicle to a Sub? It would be nice to be able to use a $35 GM/Ford/whatever sensor vs. the $350 Subaru version of the same thing. Assuming you could find one with the same sort of output range...

Ive watched every thread about this like a hwak because mine has been failing, and i have yet to read about any replacement...

but im no soobie scientist, and if there is an idea for an upgrade i would be interested as well... :- )