Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To replace the stock fog lights in my 96 outback?

I just got mine today and am very eager to put them in,but I'm not sure of the best way to go about it,and since it's apparantly a common mod I thought I'd ask. :)

It's not getting them in that I'm needing help ith,it's mainly the wiring...since the instructions are somewhat vauge.

So,anyone know?

Hi, I got Hella Comet 550 on my legacy. I wired them in a circle with a switch in centre console (above 4AT Manual switch).

To mount them i removed the lamps, grille, bumber and drilled through the holes of the fog light location with a bigger one. Sprayed the hole with waxcoat (prevent rusting) put the fog lamp housing in and wired it up.

So from the battery: + -> fuse holder -> switch -> lamp1 -> lamp 2 -> battery -.

My switch lights up when the lights are on. This is a failsafe switch. If the circle is not completed (one lamp broken) both will not work and the lamp in the switch will not light up. It is also possible to ground directly to the chassis but there is no lamp check with the switch.

Only downside of these lamps are crossing rabbits on the motorway (read autobahn) it breaks the glass and those are expensive (happened twice :mad:)