Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AT Oil light flashing; some torque bind + more

you should have taken it back when it first showed up.Transmission places are evil, too late now, but i would have gone to a dealer and let them diagnose it. The trannys are bullit proof, and its not unusual for the awd to go as the car gets around 200,000 miles. i would still take it back,. Driving the car as long as you have with TB you may have wrecked another set of clutches.

nipper

you should have taken it back when it first showed up.Transmission places are evil, too late now, but i would have gone to a dealer and let them diagnose it. The trannys are bullit proof, and its not unusual for the awd to go as the car gets around 200,000 miles. i would still take it back,. Driving the car as long as you have with TB you may have wrecked another set of clutches.

nipper

I stopped by our local Subaru dealership yesterday and after chatting with one of the mechanics there was able to narrow down more specifically the problem with the transmission. I know this is probably nothing new to you so please bear with me.

Apparently the device which regulates pressure to the piston responsible for applying pressure to the clutch pack which transfers torque to the rear differential is stuck. From what I understand that clutch is now always engaged which explains the loud 'clunking' noise I hear coming from the rear when I park and shift from D to R or P.

Is this a case of a bad connector or a failing Duty solenoid or what?

I run my car now in FWD mode with no apparent ill-effects and no flashing AT Oil warning light at startup.

--Damien

Is this a case of a bad connector or a failing Duty solenoid or what?

I run my car now in FWD mode with no apparent ill-effects and no flashing AT Oil warning light at startup.

--Damien

Anything mechanical can get stuck and still work electrically. Also it can be weak and get stuck that way.

I would get it fixed.

nipper