Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Making your DL,GL,GL-10 Handle

beataru

KYB GR2's. I have a set front and rear. They're stiffer than stock struts. I am also using KYB GR2's from a 2WD XT for the front of my RX. They lower the front by about 2". Then look for springs from a RX which are stiffer than your GL10. THat will give you about an inch more clearance, dropping the front only about an inch or so. Makes my car handle like its on rails, expecially with the new 195/60R13's I am running. I could have went with 205/60R13 but that maybe too much tire for this little car.

Also, XT6 sway bars are larger and a direct bolt in. I have not run any yet, but i might try to get some in the future.

-Brian

i Might do that a long time from now.... it has really nice 15 black pugs on it and i really really like them it has 205/50/r15 and it looks real mean! its got 4 wheel discs im wondering if anyone can fit a performace pad or rotors on them??? ps i just bought this car from rallyruss

Oh damn, russ sold his wagon :( Well, hope its in good hands... dont beat that car up.

I was running those rims on my RX when I did my suspension swap... and I had to go back to 13" rims cause those 15" rubbed after i dropped the front end.

Here's a pic:

Before:

DSC00362.sized.jpg

After:

STA50030.sized.jpg

That was with stock XT springs though... after I installed RX springs, it raised the front alittle... might have solved the rubbing problem but by that time I had already installed 13" Rims.

DSC00580.sized.jpg

And here's a difference between the 2 springs.

DSC00575.sized.jpg

XT springs are on the left, RX springs on the right.

-Brian

wow small world in subarus... Ill take good care of it

Anyone else got ideas its got performance coilovers in the rear from...I cant remember... but there preety stiff... anyways, im still ways out before i get anything so, keep the ideas coming.. I know you guys have done somthing to make one of these a beast! :grin: by the way is there a differance in springrates in the XT to the RX?

I have a set of cheap adjustable coilovers for a GC8 impreza (95-01 i believe) on my Loyale. they're 450/400 lb/in springs on the front and rear respectively. with an XT6 front sway bar (still no sway bar mounts yet in the back), and stock shocks. it handles SOOO well, even with the cheap M+S tires I have on it now. it's pretty bumpy, but real tight.

if you're staying 4-lug, the best shock you can get is pretty much the GR2. But if you go 5-lug, you can use impreza/legacy fronts, and get KYB AGX's (adjustable!!). Watch this thread for info on fitting 2000-current legacy GT rear stuff to your EA82.

here's what it looks like now:

PICT1835.jpg

and yes, very small world here with the older subarus, most of us know exactly what car you're talking about when you say you've got russ's old wagon :grin:

EDIT: found a pic of those springs. they're R-1 Racing brand, though I haven't been able to find any others like them....

stock impreza on the left, R-1 racing coilovers, JDM WRX STi ver. V (or VI, I don't remember) on the right:

attachment-1.jpg

Hey i dont want to crowd the place wit another forum sooo i was wondering would i need to convert my car to a 5 lug to fit 2.5rs brakes or even STI Brakes to it?

uh oh didnt get a response in less than ten minutes better make a new post lol yeah i figured as much