Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Courtneys motor swap mess thread.

So it sounds to me that you get on the horn to CCR for advice, change the incorrect parts and you are good to go. Nothing should have been hurt and this will be a winner yet.

If it's any consolation this not just a Subaru problem. I've had it with Ford trucks, dodge trucks, even common Chevy stuff. With Fords it was paricualrly bad becuse they used many combinations, two types of balance systems as well as two crank snout sizes.

ok i understand all this, but my e-mail is up 24/7 and i check it very regularly (like almost every hour), in fact i sent a few e-mails that were never replied to at all about this engine, no one sent me an e-mail and ask to speak to the person putting the motor in, we could very easily have avoided all of this if we had just been asked?? you spoke to my mother who i agree knows nothing about cars but she isn't illiterate (she has a doctorate in education) and could very easily understand a request to speak to the mechanic,

you could have e-mailed us and asked or called and ask to get in touch with the person doing the car, you have written here but i have nothing on my e-mail from you concerning what the warranty is or how you want us to proceed with this???? should we send the motor back or do you feel comfortable having eli change this or what do we do here?

it seems all of this could have been easily avoided with some simple communication

just out of couriosity, what do you change to make a 97 2.2 non-interference? the pistons, heads, valves???

and what makes the 99 so you can't correct it?

just interested. 97 and 98 2.2 non-interference engines... what a great selling point.

john

We have talked to Eli and the situation is resolved.

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

Everything is cleared up. I am going forward with the changing of the sprockets and timing belt. They ordered the belt and had it delivered from the local dealership and it was at my house by noon the same day.

I understand full well everyones viewpoint on this. There was a serious breakdown in communication. I do agree with Courtney that at some point someone should have said "There is this potential problem. Can we speak with the mechanic before we complete this order?" or even just told Courtney through an e-mail of this potential problem, as she was forwarding all CCR correspondence to me. I'm not trying to place blame on anyones shoulders here. I'm just illustrating the situation. CCR is doing what it takes to resolve this problem and they are doing it in a timely manner, in my opinion. About the board member discount: I have been told by CCR that this motor set-up NORMALLY runs ~$2900 and that the discount was already included in the quote (and actual price) of ~$2600. I just didn't see it in the invoice, so I had assumed that it was not discounted.

I'm sorry for any grief, stress, or animosity that this has caused anyone. I have confidence that this will work out this evening when I get this car running and I have confidence that this car will last a long time now. Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

Peace!!

-Eli-

So I got it all together. Everything lined up good and it was actually a very easy timing belt to put on. Tested, it was good. Put everything back on, ran it for a minute.. noticed a coolant line leaking a little so I turned it off to tighten up the coolant lines. Turned it back on and it choked out. Codes P0107 and P0122 which

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41218&highlight=p0107

says that is:

P0107 Pressure sensor circuit low input

P0122 Throttle position sensor circuit low input

How do I fix these?

For anyone who is curious I found a couple "loose" wires at one of the main grey connectors. Pushing the wire back into the connector so it made the connection all the way fixed all the codes.