Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all. I am new here and had a question about the 99 lego that I am going to be purchasing on Monday morning. 99 was the year that the SOHC was introduced to replace the DOHC on the 2.5 litre engines. Was this only for Impreza? Did any of the 99 2.5 litre engines have SOHC? And was the SOHC available in the Legos in 99? Thanks!!!

It would seem that the 2.2 was preferable over the 2.5 self-destruct headgasketed engine???

yes the ej22 is preferred over the ej25. what is the deal with the engine sequencing? in '98 it was dohc ej25 in all OB but still ej22 in legos. in '99 the GT had the dohc ej25 in the legos right? so did the L model 30th anniversary get the newer version of the ej22 or did it get the dohc ej25? Come on people I know a ton of you must own a 99 lego L 30th anniversary.

ehhhhhh, i carfaxed it...2.2...im f'ing rolling.

edit

btw i found this newer recall:

08/26/2006 Subaru of America Manufacturer recall/service

bulletin issued

Recall #WWG901 Air flow meter

sensor service program

Click here or call 1-800-Subaru3 to locate an authorized Subaru dealership near you to obtain more information about this recall.

2.2!!! yay!!! were rolling 2.2 rules!!! Vrmm!!!!

It looks as though im going to leave this one mostly stock as far as engine/exhaust is concerned.

but the suspension will not be spared...scouring local yards for OB susp parts or maybe i should go the other way and have a more sport tuned set up. either way its only going up or no where at all.

definately going to invest into a halfway decent system though..something with an ipod jack right there on the face and new speakers.

gotta tint it first though...it looks UGLY with clear windows on white. AZ laws gonna let me go 10% on everything except the windshield. :brow:

in the 95-99 body style legs the 2.5 dohc motor ran right to 99. the 2.2 switched for 1 year in legs in 99 when it became the phase 2 design (there aren't a whole lot of them out there)

I looked at the emissions sticker...its a 2.2

It looks as though im going to leave this one mostly stock as far as engine/exhaust is concerned.

but the suspension will not be spared...scouring local yards for OB susp parts or maybe i should go the other way and have a more sport tuned set up. either way its only going up or no where at all.

definately going to invest into a halfway decent system though..something with an ipod jack right there on the face and new speakers.

gotta tint it first though...it looks UGLY with clear windows on white. AZ laws gonna let me go 10% on everything except the windshield. :brow:

How much does window tinting generally cost? I've been wanting to look into it for a while and just didn't get around to it. =P

How much does window tinting generally cost? I've been wanting to look into it for a while and just didn't get around to it. =P

doesnt really matter now...i just sold my pos '86 22r single cab 4wd with 216k with no AC to a guy in Phoenix for $2200. :headbang: :headbang:

what did u sell? a pos? im guesing that means piece of sh&* eh? lol, lucky son of a!!()*&^%&%*(

4" body lift 11 x 31 x 15 tires 4wd hi + lo what more would a kid want to romp around in the desert...maybe a Solid Front Axle. im sure he just got home a minute ago and he's all like :clap::banana::slobber:

meanwhile im like $$$$$:slobber:

4" body lift 11 x 31 x 15 tires 4wd hi + lo what more would a kid want to romp around in the desert...maybe a Solid Front Axle. im sure he just got home a minute ago and he's all like :clap::banana::slobber:

meanwhile im like $$$$$:slobber:

lucky, i hope to get 9,000 for my legacy i better!!!

under the hood? replace plugs, wires, pcv valve, fuel & air filters, clean throttle body and maybe Seafoam upper engine treatment, new air freshener for rear mirror. Buy parts online save $.

Any idea where i should start looking to address a rough idle on my new phase II 2.2? Thanks!!1

under the hood? replace plugs, wires, pcv valve, fuel & air filters, clean throttle body and maybe Seafoam upper engine treatment, new air freshener for rear mirror. Buy parts online save $.

was 99 maf or map?...gotta somehow be related.

08/26/2006 Subaru of America Manufacturer recall/service bulletin issued

Recall #WWG901 Air flow meter sensor service program

car only has 50k and fresh everything. the de-greasing monkey went a bit off under the hood.

clean throttle body??

08/26/2006 Subaru of America Manufacturer recall/service bulletin issued

Recall #WWG901 Air flow meter sensor service program

car only has 50k and fresh everything. the de-greasing monkey went a bit off under the hood.

clean throttle body??

CEL came on this afternoon. I've put less than 100 miles on the car since it left the dealership yesterday. Gonna take her in to the bastards and make them fix it. I took my parts guy off notice...he figured out the recall and got the part (it obviously affects my lego). Ill be sure to post what exactly is going on with it.