Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ever since i installed a replacement EJ22T in my 1994 SS i have had an issue with the idle. Some sympoms:

When started first for the day, it hits about 2K rpm and stays for about 40 seconds or so, sometimes it will hit 3K rpms and then cut right out to .5rpm or stall...

when warm, it seems to want to go, the car creeps when i let off the brake (its an automatic). other times, i stop at a stop light she idles perfectly, other times it will just cut out and stall....

my thoughts are maybe a sticking IAC valve or maybe the ECU from the prior motor isnt working with this one....should i change the ECU to the one that was originally for the engine?

So far i have adjusted the idle, no change, adjusted the throttle cable maybe thinking it was too tight, that fixed the pull when at a stop light, but not completley, and that also made it stall out periodically as mentioned above. Anyone have any info to this, had the same symptoms? its hitting winter time here and i would like to be able to start the car and have it idle to warm up, not have to throw it in gear and hold it back from hitting 2K or 3K rpms....i cant imagine this will be good for it in cold temps when the oil is thick and cold....

Thanks!