Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bypass 79 brat rear lift problem

Subaru_Mechanic

O fukin K. i already found out. and YES! it just mess'es with the wheel bearings. @ss

ok be nice here... he said NO! either in response that offended him that made him feel like lashing out at your or he said NO! like he was trying to alert you to avoiding doing that if at all possible. I'm sure he was being the latter. These are forums, everybody reads them, please dont flame other people, especially needlessly... especially mods(not that they are better than anybody else but they do moderate these boards). Sorry if this post is out of place but i kinda feel like I needed to say this, if it made any sense cause I've been up since 3am and have to be at work in 6 hours. rather than call him an @ss, you should ask him why or say oh darn, I just F***ed up my wheelbearings, thats why you shouldnt do that.

ok be nice here... he said NO! either in response that offended him that made him feel like lashing out at your or he said NO! like he was trying to alert you to avoiding doing that if at all possible. I'm sure he was being the latter. These are forums, everybody reads them, please dont flame other people, especially needlessly... especially mods(not that they are better than anybody else but they do moderate these boards). Sorry if this post is out of place but i kinda feel like I needed to say this, if it made any sense cause I've been up since 3am and have to be at work in 6 hours. rather than call him an @ss, you should ask him why or say oh darn, I just F***ed up my wheelbearings, thats why you shouldnt do that.

Your response is accurate Scrap.

SM reaction is as juvenile as I've seen in a while. He asked a question and I answered it. If you do not want an answer don't ask the question.

like i told you in the other thread...

the easiest and best method is to upgrade to ea81 rear supension...

this gives you an instant 3 inch lift... go to the j/y and get yourself some rear suspension... then just take your old stuff out and have a look... it's easy to see where to make your adaptor brackets...(sorry i don't have pics because i haven't actually done it yet... waiting on some parts...)

you can even use ea82 suspension... the downside to that(or upside depending on how you look at it) is it is 2 inches wider on either side so your tires will stick out...

while gaining stability you'll end up having to chop up your quarter panels to accomodate the wider track so you don't get rubbing when cornering or going over rough terrain...

then you can run a decent size tire...

the only other option i can possibly think of would be to have massive rims in the back that will just go right over the torsion bar end... so you'd need like a 28 inch rim...:-p

there is no point in trying to moddify that old ea71 suspension so it works without the stub... it'll probably end up costing you more money and headache then it'd be worth...

but hey, maybe just cut off the end of the stub and see what happens:rolleyes:

hope that helps...:)