Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tires too much?

spider

What does 'going too far' refer to? Regarding going to larger tires, my '83 (very different animal) has 27's and it's legit. I have lift and trimmed the front fenders to fit the tires.

I think 27's will fit - (you should check that w/ board members; someone has mentioned that part of the Legacy suspension limits the size of tires....search).

What does 'going too far' refer to? Regarding going to larger tires, my '83 (very different animal) has 27's and it's legit. I have lift and trimmed the front fenders to fit the tires.

I think 27's will fit - (you should check that w/ board members; someone has mentioned that part of the Legacy suspension limits the size of tires....search).

going too far refers to the tires might not fit the car.

I think it'll be a touch tight (might need a little trimming) on stock springs. but if you're running OB springs too, they'll fit fine.

i bought the front struts off a '97 outback springs and all, but the rear struts were used with my springs but they are outback struts.

i bought the front struts off a '97 outback springs and all, but the rear struts were used with my springs but they are outback struts.

then it just might work. it'll sit a bit low in the back, and you might have to be a little creative. but I bet you'll have plenty of room in the front.

then it just might work. it'll sit a bit low in the back, and you might have to be a little creative. but I bet you'll have plenty of room in the front.

thanks for your input. actually, it sits quite a bit higher in the back right now, enough so that i am going to have to re-aim headlights. is that a common reaction?