Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from owner-in-waiting in SoCal

Just stopping in to say "hello". Signed up as a member quite a while ago, and used the site before that for research, but now I am kicking it into high gear.

I have owned a '92 Legacy, an '02 2.5TS Impreza Sport Wagon, and my wife's car is an '05 Outback wagon.

My second child is due in February and I am looking for a good subaru to replace my Jeep Cherokee. I love it, don't get me wrong (and so does my two year old), but I have been wanting another roo for over the last year.

This time last year I was ready to sell the jeep and pounce on a roo, and no sooner had I decided that than someone forced my wife off the road causing major damage, meaning I was unable to sell it to buy the roo. More followed, but long story short, it took until July to get it all repaired.

Since then have been looking for a good vehicle, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

So... hopefully in the next two months before my baby girl arrives I will have another Subaru.

Thanks to everyone on this board as it has provided a bounty of info for my research.

Replacethe Jepp with the B9!!!! (mainly because i really REALLY want one so im going to live vicariously through you.....):banana:

Yeah... we actually just purchased the '05 outback for my wife 4-5 months ago now. We looked at he B9 but the price was more than we could afford. Plus the 7 psgr seating really wouldn't help us, as no one could access them with two car seats in the middle row.. maybe they could, but it would be a pain. And no way would I put the kids in the back row.

But yeah, they are pretty sweet. Took one for a test drive and they definitely are a subaru.

Buy the Tribecca and give the kids room to fight!:lol:

Sure they are sweet now but give them a few years.

No mans land is a good thing on road trips!;)

Yeah, but again that whole "cannot really afford it" thing is kind of the pain... plus I am not going through the pain that is buying a car through a dealership again for a LONG time.

But to anyone else, I thought the B9 was nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Well... today I just got a 95 Legacy L (BD).

Quite stoked to be an all Subaru family again. The L is a one owner vehicle and I picked it up for $1500. I am pleased with that price. He started at $2200 but because of my situation, and the fact that it needs new wheels and front psgr cv axle, he took $1500.

Have been looking since last november for something of quality in my price range, so it was satisfying to find this.

In this area you can find lots of 1st and 2nd gen Legacies (up to 94) and tons of Imprezas, but very rarely have I come across a BD or BG in the 2000-3000 range.

So... nevertheless I have new car purchase adrenaline. The car is in quite nice shape. No crazy mods planned... try and find a silver BD/BG hood with a scoop, new wheels, tint, freshen up the interior, redo the suspension (wrx stuff probably) and install my Nakamichi Deck. Might look into the JDM projectors too.

Just wanted to share. Thanks.