Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help posting photos 50kb?

a brat1 can anyone explain the process from, create thread to the end?

and explain 50kb,how do I resize before? will It make the picture large again?

Do I cick on insert image? or do I use manage attatchments?

When I used managed attatchments and browsed and linked it,uploaded, it keeps telling me the size is too large. 50kb max and my photos are @515kb:confused:

I can draw my avatar on windows paint program,but I cant figure this one.

You need a program that can resize photos, and compress them further.

Personally, I use The Gimp for that, but it does more as its a image manipulation program. Get the windows version at: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

One you get the program, open the picture and under the Image menu is scale image. 800 wide is usually plenty big for teh internet.

Then, go to file->Save As. Save it as a jpeg, and a window pops up allowing you to select compression. Click "Show Preview in Image Window", then adjust the compression until you're under 50kb. At 800x600, you should already be under it.

Its a bit large of a program though. I don't use windows (I'm a linux junkie), so maybe one of the windows guys can tell you what program they use.

yeah, get a good free image editing program like mikeshoup suggests...

I wouldn't change the jpeg compression though, just keep making the image 50% smaller and Save As a different name until the file is small enough...

you won't be able to attach anything large and detailed... if you want to do that then you'll want to use imageshack or something and link to the pictures at that site...

--Spiffy

perhaps start a free photobucket.com account and link the pictures to show up in the thread.. when creating a post click the insert imagin icon and copy in the url that photobucket will provide you with when you upload the pictures..

thats what i do.. and no new software to download..

2 cents

rllywgn