Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Took the Mistress off the pavement! Pics included!

Well, my buddy and i went off in search of snow today, but 1/2 way there we decided we'd rather just play in the mud and wait for the snowstorm that's heading our way this weekend. SOOO, we headed out this old road near our town in our quest for mud. He's never been off road with a Soob, so he was expecting to have to pull me out.... 4 hours later and a couple of fun photos, he was the one who wound up jackin up his rig. his Nissan is in need of a little repair after he tore his pipe completely off at the muffler.... the Soob ermerged unscathed!! I LOVE MUD!!!:headbang:

S5030068.jpg

S5030060.jpg

S5030063.jpg

And then just for a little prop for my buddy since he made the biggest wave today.....:banana:

S5030070.jpg

Yup, single range 4wd. To tell you the truth, i wasnt sure how well it would do,but it didnt even come CLOSE to getting stuck once. I had a little loss of power problem on a hill climb we did, but other than that, no issues at all. A couple of the mud holes were pretty technical too, with HUGE rocks in them and wierd angles you had to come out of them at, which meant i had to just CREEP through them, and a coupld times i just came to a stop in them. No problems at all getting going again. The only issue i had was when i was just sitting in a mud hole that was over my tires bragging that my car was donig just as well as my buddies truck and i then realized i had about 3 inches of water over the entire bottom of my car!! hahaha!!!:headbang:

Ever notice the naysayers are always driving some beast of a truck to act Macho and be all that but really aren't they just hiding in a giant truck from the Subaru that keeps showing them up? :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love the 3rd eye BTW:headbang: Looks like U had fun (makes me wanna go)

Soobs are a surprise.

I would have been one of those mini jacked up foriegn 4x4 owners with pride until I learned myself what a just a stock little 13 inch wheeled DL could do... Those trucks are mistake riddled with several things, aside from engine longevity in alot of them.The greatest benefit I have concluded is the actual height for deeper water, and certain types of mud (as with any 4x4- they
all
get stuck in wrong terrain)
:rolleyes:

That photo of the "biggest wave" from the nissan is one huge reason I avoid that line of 4x4 for real roads, not to menton the feel of CG (center of gravity- alot of roads lean to the right here, I find myself leaning in my seat to counteract it). There is always real roads and responsibilities after the mud fun in one, I really do not like those jacked up trucks for daily driving.. The old soobs sincerely have a good effort at the whole realm of driving anywhere.A few mods as I have seen here keep up with most of them.
:)
It looks like if you went fast though the puddle in photo, you could have brought your own wave over the hood
:grin: