Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just installed a CD player in my girlfirend's Forester. While she was driving home the volume required to hear the audio increased, and when she came back for me to look at it, the car refused to start. The starter clicks like its binding. Could this be due to me mis wiring the stereo? Sounds far fetched to me, but any input would help since the car is stranded in my driveway!

I just installed a CD player in my girlfirend's Forester. While she was driving home the volume required to hear the audio increased, and when she came back for me to look at it, the car refused to start. The starter clicks like its binding. Could this be due to me mis wiring the stereo? Sounds far fetched to me, but any input would help since the car is stranded in my driveway!

Check battery connections: make sure they're clean and tight. Does everything else (A/C blower, windows, etc) work properly? Will the vehicle take a "jump" start? Next suspect item is the alternator.