Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power Steering Pump Question

Hello all, do you guys see any foreseeable problems using a power steering pump from a 1996 Legacy outback on a 1995 2.2L Impreza? I purchased the steering pump from a yard, and they claim it will fit. It looks like the hoses line up, and the pulley looks like the same size. I have to switch the mounting bracket, and the oil tank looks a little bigger. Has anyone attempted using a legacy pump on an Impreza?

Hello all, do you guys see any foreseeable problems using a power steering pump from a 1996 Legacy outback on a 1995 2.2L Impreza? I purchased the steering pump from a yard, and they claim it will fit. It looks like the hoses line up, and the pulley looks like the same size. I have to switch the mounting bracket, and the oil tank looks a little bigger. Has anyone attempted using a legacy pump on an Impreza?

go to http://www.car-part.com and search for a power steering pump 1995 impreza 2.2L engine. they will list both legacy and impreza pumps from multiple years.

most of the salvage yards are using the same software, it's good that they told you to change the bracket.

have fun.