Ultimate Subaru Message Board

here it comes

86BRATMAN

I've heard many good things about these kits, but some of them have a good sticker shock with them. I've considered making the kit myself when the time comes. I'm more worried about breaking the trans when it comes down to it.
with a 2400lb car and an ej trans I wouldnt worry about it. there are plenty of people running lots of power through regular cable clutch NA legacy transmissions in 3000lb cars. you just can't shift them like a 18 year old wrx owner.

with a 2400lb car and an ej trans I wouldnt worry about it. there are plenty of people running lots of power through regular cable clutch NA legacy transmissions in 3000lb cars. you just can't shift them like a 18 year old wrx owner.

I heard that, I've seen a lot of people break their bug eyes at the drag strip launching at 6k, ever since hot rod mag did it with their test mule STi back in 04 everybody thinks they can do it with the regular ones and get by with it. And if i remember correctly that article said the car really didn't like it very much....

I'd really like to make the brat faster than my friends 05 wrx, he has an 04 sti turbo and fmic, injectors and a cobb access port, but i'd rather keep it intact as long as possible, or at least till i have another cheap parts car in the driveway.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some progress today...

Got the axles pulled out of the std hatch, and put them together with the legacy doj cups, and got them installed in the brat. Trans is all bolted up to the motor and lined up correctly underneath. I'm still a little worried about how close it is to the trans tunnel, it looks like its pretty much stitting on it. Also got the measurements for the custom crossmember I'll be making at work sometime in the coming week. Hopefully I'll get some pictures real soon. Too nice of a day here to waste it with a camera