Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need to replace the front o2 sensor. Any tricks to getting at it? Do I have to pull the cat heat guard (those bolts look damn rusty, PB blaster didn't seem to help getting them loose and two bolts had the nuts on the top part??) to get to the sensor?

Maybe use crow's foot wrench to get in there?

The best one that i have used is this 02wrench ,This one is Snap-on but OTC also makes the same and there are knock offs of it out there

The benifit of this one is it will get in there to get the 02 out without dropping the exhaust

SEA#3

Don't need to take anything else off. I tried it with one of the C shaped sockets, did not work because it would slip. Need to use a boxed end wrench. You are going to throw the old one away anyway, so just cut the wires off.

Hit it with some liquid wrench, turned the wheels in or out, can't remember. Then went at with an offset wrench from sears, with a metal pipe attached to increase torque. Sat on the floor and pushed on the pipe with my feet, and came right off.

Good luck.