Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which transmissions will work for my 93

If you have a complete parts car, you can swap over anything else that might be different (i.e., the turbo car might have a hydraulic clutch). The big thing is making sure that you have the proper rear end ratio to match the tranny.

cool...ya, the turbo has a hydro clutch...

so will the trannys be exactly the same, like will bell housings and all that line up?

So how do I tell if the ratio's are correct??

All the 90-94 non-turbo 5spd trans. have a 4.111 final drive ratio. Only the turbo legacy MT has a 3.90 final drive ratio. Plus the clutch setup on the non-turbos will require pedal modification and stuff you don't want to do.

I'd suggest trying to find another turbo legacy transmission

All the 90-94 non-turbo 5spd trans. have a 4.111 final drive ratio. Only the turbo legacy MT has a 3.90 final drive ratio. Plus the clutch setup on the non-turbos will require pedal modification and stuff you don't want to do.

I'd suggest trying to find another turbo legacy transmission

I know you've done a lot more work on the EJ cars than I have, so I'd generally take your word for it, but I'm curious why it wouldn't work to just swap out the whole pedal box.