Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I know this sounds like a really dumb question but where the hell is the clock in my 1998 Outback? I can't tell if it's suppose to be in the gage cluster and it's just burnt out or what. It seems weird to me that subaru wouldn't incorporate something as simple and useful as a clock in there late 90's outbacks.

The factory clock was incorporated into the radio. The 6 disc changer you have is not the original radio for a 98, so there may be no clock.

What he said.

In my 97 OB, the clock was in the radio. The 6 CD changer unit they brought out in the early 2000's does not have the clock, as they put a clock display into the dash. Someone has retrofitted. (I've done exactly the same thing.) It's also the reason you no longer have a pocket under the radio. The original radio/tape unit was single DIN. The 6 CD changer/radio/tape unit is double DIN. (Do you have the Subaru Panasonic P123 unit? Just curious. There was also a later unit, but I don't know the number on it.)

I've got a little clock mounted just above the vents. Works for me.

Commuter

I wasn't saying or didn't mean to imply you were wrong,

I was mearly pointing out that

there are other 6 CD changers configs

that were factory Subaur units.

Sorry if you took it that way.

No problem. My response was for Pooparu. I'm just trying to point out that the single all-in-one units (at least the P123) do not have a clock. No worries.

Commuter

Here is an image of the radio in my Outback. I don't see any way of switching the display to show time. I just think that maybe this specific configuration of stereo and model year of car didn’t come with a clock. Which seems very weird to me.

radiotq3.jpg