Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wife's car wouldn't start today, did crank. She left it for 15 minutes, came back and it started up, but had the engine light. Read it for a P0340 tonight.

Anyone had any luck with clearing a camshaft code just by reseating the connector? I already ordered one from Autozone, but I'm just curious.

Wife's car wouldn't start today, did crank. She left it for 15 minutes, came back and it started up, but had the engine light. Read it for a P0340 tonight.

Anyone had any luck with clearing a camshaft code just by reseating the connector? I already ordered one from Autozone, but I'm just curious.

Not really. When they say they are going bad, they are going bad. They are in a relativly clean place so they dont pick up a lot of dirt. Its close cousine the ABS sensor on the other hand can be fixed by cleaning them.

nipper

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick hijack, is it possible for the cam position sensor to go bad over time? Like throw a code but not be dead yet and get worse and worse until it finally goes caput? My car has been throwing the cam position sensor code for about two months but today it wouldn't start at all, after I got to work of course. Today I ordered the cam position sensor, knock sensor and just for good measure the coolant temp sensor. I will have to wait to get the O2 sensor though since I am now all out of cash. Every time you think you're getting ahead....