Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who wants to do a RHD conversion??

Maybe it was mine, My R.H.D was sent to a salvage yard somewhere after being wrecked the day after Christmas. Mine was a 1998 and white.

I saw a few interesting things today in the junkyard, one of them was a RHD Legacy wagon. Not sure of the year, but it was a 2nd Gen 95-99. The body was smashed but the dash was intact, other than the airbags.

it's a postal wagon, the guy who delivers my parents' mail has a 91, I keep buggin him to sell it to me :-P It's an automatic, but I'd take care of that... and stuff an EJ2xTT in there :D

I'veheard this is possible, but what engines are these?

Is it an EJ20H? And did they only come in Jap-spec Legacys? I guess that since I'm in the States, I haven't heard much about twin-turbo engines.:-\

I'veheard this is possible, but what engines are these?

Is it an EJ20H? And did they only come in Jap-spec Legacys? I guess that since I'm in the States, I haven't heard much about twin-turbo engines.:-\

I think that's the designation, and the reason it won't fit is the turbo is gets in the way of the master cylinder or something to that effect... I don't know too much about them either, although they do pop up on ebay now and then...

I think that's the designation, and the reason it won't fit is the turbo is gets in the way of the master cylinder or something to that effect... I don't know too much about them either, although they do pop up on ebay now and then...

Yeah. I knew about the "not fitting" part, but I see so many single-tubo cars making beastly amounts of power (more easily), it almost seems silly to do it (except that you could say to your friends "I have a twin-turbo Subaru").

What kind of power did those make?

And what were the production years?

Their is lots of right hand drive Subaru's to be had here in the states, if you really want one I can sent you this months issue of the National Rural Mag. with the ads for them from around the U.S. most are wore out and needs lots of work. The 98 that got wrecked the day after Christmas I bought for 100.00 dollars last year with the transmisson out. I had replaced it and really fixed it up nice and then some young girl hit me head on on a blind corner, her ins. paid me around 5,000.00 for it but I had probably spent around 4,000.00 on it and nearly a years work. The postal wagons all came with the 2.2 engine and most parts will interchange with the other Legacy wagons. Some of the steering parts wont and also the heater core wont.

it's a postal wagon, the guy who delivers my parents' mail has a 91, I keep buggin him to sell it to me :-P It's an automatic, but I'd take care of that... and stuff an EJ2xTT in there :D

I dont see any for sell in our mag. this month in Oregon, most are in N.Y. Nearest to you is a 1993 R.H.D. in Central Ks. 2,700.00 from a retired carrier 620-562-3522.

I want one just for the RHD aspect, I'd do a 5 speed conversion though since I don't do automatics :-P

Yeah. I knew about the "not fitting" part, but I see so many single-tubo cars making beastly amounts of power (more easily), it almost seems silly to do it (except that you could say to your friends "I have a twin-turbo Subaru").

What kind of power did those make?

And what were the production years?

ej20tt's were being built right up to 2003. Not sure when they started, but the earliest I've seen is 1993. Power-wise you could get up to 205kw in the manual versions. Some limited editions claimed 215kw iirc.

M.