Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can someone please recommend a tranny guy near HBG, PA

are you sure it's the trans? could it be something else? it could be the pilot bearing or throw out bearing? were those replaced at some point, when the trans was replaced before?

also - check your trans gear oil level.

you already tried a used unit? they have so few issues, i always recommend used over rebuilds.

but...manual rebuilds aren't as bad as automatics at least. i know a good shop in Westminster, MD about an hour and a half from you. they are not cheap, not over the top expensive either, but they do good work and are straight shooters. i have a friend that's a mechanic and he does complete engine rebuilds, not sure if he does transmissions. i can call and ask if yo'ure interested, i've recommended others on this board to him. again an hour and a half. the last guy i recommended to him was over an hour away.

my garage man in Reinholds PA will do it. he is minutes from the turnpike at the Reading Exit (forget the #'s since they changed them)

PM me if you want a phone #. I have been dealing with these folks for 15 or so years...and they do mostly subaru stuff.