Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the new toy !

Hi guys,

After selling my previous loyale in october and having searched for a long time,...here is the my new loyale, its a 94. Exact same color as the previous one ! THe odometer only reads 196.000km (120.000 miles) :banana: . but as living in the most salted part of the world (Montreal, Quebec Canada) there is some rust...:-\ The body was rust treated with oil (there is 2 rust check stickers in the door)

lower front fenders are rusted, rear lower as well, rockers are quiet ok except at 2 spots (around 4 inches holes) , floors are perfect :clap:

The car came with 155-80-13 winter tires (79 load index) isn't too dangerous ??

Here are some pics, hope you'll like

ebaa99b9.jpg

6f5b2fb8.jpg

7b7b7f36.jpg

13d0278e.jpg

69ea6ea0.jpg

Greg

Here in Australia both my brothers 83 wagon, my 89 Brat and my dad's 85 wagon all say 175/70R13's are standard.. Might change from country to country.

I think the reason you run skinny tires on a 4WD is because you get better traction on loose gravle and mud with skinner tires in such a light vehicle. My Brat with the 215/60R15 road tires is horrible to drive on dirt roads. No traction at all. slides all over the place. And doesn't like to stop. the 185/60R14 road tires were heaps better.