Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The RS RX runs!

kingbobdole

I had mine shortened by 1 7/8" (I think, I could check to be 100% if you like)

bumping up this old thread. sorry

Can you confirm this? I'm putting an EJ center diff in my XT6 this week. need to have the driveshaft modified.

you say 1 7/8"

suberdave says 55mm (which is about 2 3/16")

and my measurements (which I don't trust entirely, as they're being done out of the car) are pointing towards about 2.5".

I want a quick turnaround, so I want to have a spare driveshaft modified before I take the car apart.

For future reference, for use with an EJ 5MT in an EA82 car. EJ rear half is too long. EJ 5MT front half is too long (about the same as an EA82 5MT front half). EJ 4EAT front half is too short.

I shortened mine 2 1/8'', this is with the ej22t and '01 2.5rs 5 spd trans. 2 1/2'' would work fine but would pull the yolk out a little too much in my opinion. 2 1/8'' left me with roughly 3'' slip out and 1'' slip in (before bottoming out in the trans)

Scott

Hey, it's my thread....

You'll probably be fine, mine was a bit snug inside the housing, but never gave me or Mike, the current owner, any hassle. I think some of the discrepancy has to do with the engine and tranny combo and how it's mounted. My trans mount was a bit hackneyed on this car so my readings were a bit off. You're talking about less then 3/8" swing either way and you have at least on inch to play since it doesn't have to be exact.

It'll be fine.:)