Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I am wondering what years and models will fit into my 96 outback wagon (2.5 AT). My rear seat currently has no headrests, and I would like to find a seat with headrests. Also, a leather upgrade wouldn't hurt (if possible)

Thanks for the help

eagle

Wouldn't any 95-99 Legacy wagon seats work? My '97LSI wagon has both leather & rear headrests. Tho DRAT! no seat heaters. If you're concerned about all th seats matching, you'll need to get them all from the same car, or year. Remember though, the leather package has hide inserts on the doors as well, front and rear.

Wouldn't any 95-99 Legacy wagon seats work? My '97LSI wagon has both leather & rear headrests. Tho DRAT! no seat heaters. If you're concerned about all th seats matching, you'll need to get them all from the same car, or year. Remember though, the leather package has hide inserts on the doors as well, front and rear.

That's what I was hoping. I would love to find a good set of leather seats, but I'm really just wanting to get a rear seat with headrests. Getting a full set of low miles seats would be excellent, but I think I'm going to need a little luck. Thanks for the help, time for me to start searching.

eagle

If you would like something a little more "huggy", you can go for a set of '02 or newer Impreza seats without a problem.

I fit a set of '05 RS seats in my '97 Outback. They sit up a tad higher, but I wouldn't trade them out for the world :)

I fit a set of '05 RS seats in my '97 Outback. They sit up a tad higher, but I wouldn't trade them out for the world :)

So 02 and up are a direct bolt in? About how much higher are they? I have enough head room in the car, but it might mess with my view of the instrument cluster.

Thanks for the info

• 4 months later...

I might have found some black leathers from a 99 outback...

I'm hoping they're in good shape. Does $250 sound reasonable for front and rear seats? The fronts do have the seat heaters, so I'll have to find the control units eventually. Also, they don't have the door inserts, so that's something else I'll have to keep an eye out for.

I'm hoping to hear back from the place before the weekend so I can go check them out... Good ol' bloobaru deserves an upgrade after keeping my girlfriend and roommate safe in their fender bender.

I got new seats! Too bad they wanted $50 a piece for the door panels, otherwise I would have a completely matching interior. But on the plus side, they threw in the seat heater control switch unit for free!

$250 for both front seats and rear seat, dark gray, in very good condition.

Too bad I have to work this morning, otherwise I'd be busy tearing out my interior.

Bloobaru's got leathers!

I just wanted to say, I may have made a terrible decision.

I may never be able to go back to cloth seats again.

And non heated seats? FORGET ABOUT IT!

Even though it was in the high 70's outside, I still used the damn things (and no, the AC wasn't on). It's just like a permanent heating pad, very relaxing.

A word of caution... make sure you know what you're getting into before you go pampering yourself. You may never be able to go back.