Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's it worth post... (UPDATE PICS)

sorry to do this but I am not familiar with how much: 4 door sedan, 1991 (power windows etc.. ) Multi-port fuel injection 200,000 miles , good runner from what I heard, new alt. and clean eng.. eng is EJ2.2? or something like that.. (I know EA-82 etc...) that is what I don't know if they are any good.. guy says it flys down the highway, he bought it from friend for Granddaughter and her mom had bought her another car so she doesn't want the Subaru...... suppose to be nice inside, ski rack, any way he bought it for $700, put $200 into it and would take $1,000... then, well, I want it gone so he said bring me $800.

Yes, ski rack on top.

What do you think?

Update:

O.k, got pics, Tell me about this one:

Here is the car: power windows etc... says 4x4.. but I forgot to see if that was even in there so is he talking about constant all-wheel drive in this thing or did I miss the button etc.. to activate..

Subaru_91_car.JPG

Pic: EJ2.2 MOTOR:

Subaru_91_engine.JPG

I think no loyale made in 1991 had MPFI.. IIRC, they didnt even make turbo loyales.. something smells fishy here, although it may just be that its actually an Spfi not an Mpfi.. if its a GL it doesn't have the EJ in it.

As a matter of fact, if its a '91 it shouldnt BE a GL, it should be a loyale... investigate further, but it sounds like it may be allright, depending on the trans/driveline. Just get the facts..

well, he may have... or he may be confused himself. I didn't quite understand your original post until I re, re, RE read it just now (after reading other people saying "it sounds like he's done the EJ swap")

Anyhow, my original point DOES still stand.. make sure you get your facts straight.... but yah, JUMP ON IT! even a poor conversion could be fixed and still come out ahead at that kind of price...

I think no loyale made in 1991 had MPFI.. IIRC, they didnt even make turbo loyales.. something smells fishy here, although it may just be that its actually an Spfi not an Mpfi.. if its a GL it doesn't have the EJ in it.

As a matter of fact, if its a '91 it shouldnt BE a GL, it should be a loyale... investigate further, but it sounds like it may be allright, depending on the trans/driveline. Just get the facts..

seen one there rare as hell but they do exist

BUMP for the update, heh...

Its a legacy! DUH, why didn't we think of that.. you only said 1991 sedan, MPFI.... it didn't occur to ANYone that it might be the car that was SUPPOSED to have the 2.2 in it :rolleyes:

Is it a fivespeed? AWD? sounds good enough to me, but I know south FLORIDA legacy prices, TOTALLY different world.