Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will this fit onto my car?

shift

O_O I WANT IT!!

Ok, for the EA71, it needs to be rejetted because of the jets being too big for the engine. Now if it was the high compression JDM EA71 that came in the FE coupes, then the 32/36 will work better.

As far as the Weber 32/36 being the same as one from a 2.3 Pinto, they look similar since both are made by Weber (the Pinto one has "Holley Made by Weber" stamped on the side of it, they are however NOT the same. The barrels on an actual Weber are much much larger then the Holley version. General Disorder and I went over this one evening at his house while we were comparing them side by side.

Ok, for the EA71, it needs to be rejetted because of the jets being too big for the engine. Now if it was the high compression JDM EA71 that came in the FE coupes, then the 32/36 will work better.

As far as the Weber 32/36 being the same as one from a 2.3 Pinto, they look similar since both are made by Weber (the Pinto one has "Holley Made by Weber" stamped on the side of it, they are however NOT the same. The barrels on an actual Weber are much much larger then the Holley version. General Disorder and I went over this one evening at his house while we were comparing them side by side.

sweet! thank you for telling me this info! im actually planning on getting my heads ported, re-constructing my headers to a larger diameter but not too big. im also going to get my cams shaved. this guy named dustin at crower cams said it will only cost me about 320-325 to get them shaved. and thats all four of them! i told him i wanted to get a shave for an all motor application that could possibly handle a small squeeze of nitrous(not sire if i want dry or wet shot yet still researching). im also in the process of making a better, bigger intake manifold that still resembles the stock one but more better preforming. ive already have got a quote from centerforce clutches for an aftermarket racing clutch for like 300 with pressure plate, clutch, but no flywheel. so i think ima just get the $24 one from oriellys with a one year warranty. does any one make aftermarket pistons for these types of engines? or would i have to bore out the motor?

if all fails i will just get a gl10 turbo motor and call it a day. but its much funner doing the hard stuff cause you know what to fix if something does go wrong, and not sit there stumped and not know wtf to do :banana:

Your engine has ONE cam. The EA81 has ONE cam. The EA82 has TWO cams. The EJ25 DOHC has FOUR cams...

Swap in an EJ. Much easier, simpler and a lot less expensive, especially when you blow your third engine. I had 3 engines in my RX and went through ALL of them. The EA71 is reliable stock or with a mild P-n-P and a slightly larger cam but thats about it. If you go with any sort of an EJ, there are performance parts out the wazoo including pistons that won't break the bank, aftermarket rods, better heads and cams and so on. If you wanna put your life savings into an EA71 just to blow it the first time you get a lead foot, just to rebuild it again in 100 miles, be my guest. You can easily put half of what you're wanting to spend into an EJ and have more power and more reliability then the monster of an engine you're thinking about. Or find yourself an EA71 from a late 70's FE and put it in there with a Weber. I had that engine (higher compression) and a Holley 5200 with an electronic disty from a 2wd EA81 and it would smoke the rear tires in my '78 Brat forever.

Your engine has ONE cam. The EA81 has ONE cam. The EA82 has TWO cams. The EJ25 DOHC has FOUR cams...

Swap in an EJ. Much easier, simpler and a lot less expensive, especially when you blow your third engine. I had 3 engines in my RX and went through ALL of them. The EA71 is reliable stock or with a mild P-n-P and a slightly larger cam but thats about it. If you go with any sort of an EJ, there are performance parts out the wazoo including pistons that won't break the bank, aftermarket rods, better heads and cams and so on. If you wanna put your life savings into an EA71 just to blow it the first time you get a lead foot, just to rebuild it again in 100 miles, be my guest. You can easily put half of what you're wanting to spend into an EJ and have more power and more reliability then the monster of an engine you're thinking about. Or find yourself an EA71 from a late 70's FE and put it in there with a Weber. I had that engine (higher compression) and a Holley 5200 with an electronic disty from a 2wd EA81 and it would smoke the rear tires in my '78 Brat forever.

im having crower shave my cam for real cheap, wiseco is making new pistons, local shop is boring and polishing out block and heads. as well as a new clutch from centerforce

• 2 weeks later...

and what exactly are you getting done to the pistons? they are already flat top pistons...

:confused:

you gonna get domed pistons? you're already running 10:1 (or 9.5:1) compression... getting more from the pistons is gonna be hard... milling the heads down would work until your intake manifold stops fitting...

and if you're making a custom intake make sure you get rid of (bypass) that coolant line running through the intake... power sucker that one is... (makes for better cold starts from what i've heard though)

good luck on this... and don't be sad when a civic is still faster than you...:-p