Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Dizzy for 1985 EA82 1.8

Anyone have a Dizzy they would part with for the 1985 EA82 1.8 motor. I fried mine and it seems that these parts are no longer available to purchase. Or if you know where the parts can be found, please respond. Must be in working condition. Also does anyone know if the Dizzy for a 1981 EA81 would work. I have found a couple on Ebay for the EA81 motor, but don't know if they will fit.

Thanks, Bob

Anyone have a Dizzy they would part with for the 1985 EA82 1.8 motor. I fried mine and it seems that these parts are no longer available to purchase. Or if you know where the parts can be found, please respond. Must be in working condition. Also does anyone know if the Dizzy for a 1981 EA81 would work. I have found a couple on Ebay for the EA81 motor, but don't know if they will fit.

Thanks, Bob

Just to let you know, the EA82 distributor is electronic and also incorporates a crank angle sensor. If you try to use the EA81 distributor with a EA82 motor im not to sure if it would even start. Your probably going to have to go junkyard hopping to find one, thats what i had to do for my SPFI swap onto an EA81.

Just to let you know, the EA82 distributor is electronic and also incorporates a crank angle sensor. If you try to use the EA81 distributor with a EA82 motor im not to sure if it would even start. Your probably going to have to go junkyard hopping to find one, thats what i had to do for my SPFI swap onto an EA81.

This only applies to SPFI EA82s and MPFI 87+. EA82 Carbed disty does not have a CAS in it. It is a simple magnetic pickup disty. There ar etwo types, hitachi and Denso. It is my understanding that each must use the matching coil.

This only applies to SPFI EA82s and MPFI 87+. EA82 Carbed disty does not have a CAS in it. It is a simple magnetic pickup disty. There ar etwo types, hitachi and Denso. It is my understanding that each must use the matching coil.

OK, so is trikerbob's EA82 carbed or SPFI??