Ultimate Subaru Message Board

seat frame specs?

anybody know the measurements of stock 87 GL seat frames IE the bolts are in a rectangle X" by Y"?I have a set of saab seats from an 82 900.They arn't as comfortable as the seats in my 1990 but they are loads more comfortable than the subaru seats.And they are blue so they match the interior.I just need to see how close the mounting bolt locations are...

Ok I will do that.Wow.I sat in the saab I am getting the seats from.buckled myself in the driver's seat-fits me like a glove very supportive and firm.Then I sat in my subaru seat and buckled myself in.Its firm but there is ALOT of wiggle room side to side.like it was designed to seat someone 300 lbs+...Ok time to bust out the socket set...

I pulled the passenger seat out.the lenght and width of the mounting rails are close.I didn't measure just looked at them.Then I test fit the saab seat in.The lumbar adjustment on the side is really close to the B pillar trim.And second of all sense the saab seats were designed to be mounted to floor they are abit tall.Im 5'2" and my head touches the roof...So I will have to do some work to floor to get them to sit lower...

All and all it should be a fun project...I'll take some pics of the process..