Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What grade of gas are YOU using?

lol, i love the attitude from some of these people CHEAP! lol, good on ya! wow, i like the sound of 110 octane! woo! over here its ethier 95 or 97/8, and if your complaining about high juice prices, its nearly $10 a gallon, it works out, basically a £1 a litre, now that ends up costing me a fortune, so i wouldnt be complaining, seeing as im on only £33 a week!

lol, i love the attitude from some of these people CHEAP! lol, good on ya! wow, i like the sound of 110 octane! woo! over here its ethier 95 or 97/8, and if your complaining about high juice prices, its nearly $10 a gallon, it works out, basically a £1 a litre, now that ends up costing me a fortune, so i wouldnt be complaining, seeing as im on only £33 a week!

My mom was talking about the price of fuel in Ireland on her recent visit. They rented some econo box sedan, and after monetary conversion it took $45US to put the car at half tank...

i run the el regular in my 86 turbo but thats at the circle k im starting to go to the texaco because they are 5cents cheaper and i can buy the primo and not puta dent in my wallet plus its got the techtron stuff in it (what ever that meens):clap: :clap:

so it is absolutely imperative that one use premium in a 2002 LLB outback? when i bought the car from its previous owner, she told me that she used regular octane without realizing the car called for premium, and that according to the dealer, she mucked up something or other. . .sparks? injectors? i can't remember.

anyway, i've read conflicting things; some sources say always use premium if the manufacturer says, other sources say only 10% of cars truly need it, still others say you can alternate.

i'd like to know for sure because premium here in lovely lansing, michigan, just shot up to $3.95 today. :eek:

EDITED:

oops, sorry - didn't realize i was in older gen forum. will put post in new gen (but don't know how to delete or move.)