Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DOHC EJ25 timing belt tune up parts?

i searched and didn't find this. i got water pump, oil pump and cam seals. are there any additional cam seal orings or anything to address while i'm there?

Check the pullies for play.

You might want rocker cover seals.

Crank seal as well.

Do you mean a complete oil pump, or the O-ring seal? Check the backing plate screws as they sometimes work loose.

I've also heard of cases of some Aluminum flash remaining in one of the oil galleys around the oil pump. Something else to check for.

I think you are aware of the proper torque for the crank pulley (but thought I'd mention it).

Commuter

by oil pump seal i meant crank seal too. had 3 loose screws (the oil pump, not me, i have far more).

i'm doing the clutch tonight, will check the separator plate whether it's plastic or not and replace the gasket. car was running fine and i just yanked the motor so i'll leave the rear main.

didn't want to start another thread, but wasn't sure about the cams...the EA's have the o-ring with the seals and i've heard people talk about "half moons" and spark plug hole gaskets. i got the spark plug gaskets. the dealer told me there was no oring for the cams to worry about. what are the 'half moons'?

I haven't heard of the 'half moons'. My '00obw 2.5L I'm pretty sure doesn't have the cam cap o-rings, at least I couldn't find them. I know both my '94 and '96 2.2L's have the cam cap o-rings; the RH one looked like this on the '94. It was leaking and the old o-ring was rock hard. The new one was nice and supple:

camcap1.jpg

camcap2.jpgcamcaporing1.jpg