Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buddy has a 93 leg 2wd nonturbo. Runs great, up until normal operating temp, then bogs down and dies? Throws a knock sensor code. Checked the connection to the sensor, fine, connected/no corrosion. I was gonna grab a multimeter and test the signal to/from the sensor.

Any ideas?

Usually if it throws a knock sensor code, its the knock sensor. Not all sensors can be tested with a multimeter. Ony thing you can check is to make sure its not shorted, but even that doesnt say anything really. Knock sesnor makes a very small ac signal for the ecu. Just replace it and it should fix it.

nipper

Well he's had a weapon r intake for like 2 years, throwing the MAF code the whole time. So i told him to clean it or get a new one, got a new one and to no avail, but he's been driving it all over with the MAF code this whole time. Also, the parts guy told me the cam position switch and the knock sensor are the same thing? I was baffeled..

lol so neway, is the knock sensor straight on the top to the passengers side of the Crank position switch? Thats what i thought it was just lookin in there, but wasn't sure :)

No the knock sensor is not the same thing. Smack that guy please. The knock sensor located at the back and on the drivers side of the motor. Look down between the intake manifold and throttle body. You should see something that looks like this beside the coolant passage.

2007_05200002.jpg

The thing you are looking at is the oil pressure switch that turns on the oil light on the dash.