Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wrong whiteline rear end links on '00obw

Here's what happens when you attempt to install the wrong Whiteline rear endlinks (KLC026) on an '00obw. It sort of looks OK when the vehicle is jacked up. But when lowered, the axle shafts rub on the end link, as shown in the pic below. You can hear it rub the half shaft when moving the vehicle. Whoops.

I'm not sure how I ordered these wrong end links and/or why I thought they would fit this '00obw when they looked completely different than stock and the Whiteline installation pic didn't look at like what I had. Hopefully I will get the correct KLC044 tomorrow.

I believe I can use these endlinks though on my '96 Legacy. Fortunately I resisted the desire to 'trim' these end links.

wrongendlink1.jpg

Thanks Jamal. Yes these endlinks will not at all work on the '00obw. I ordered the wrong endlinks. It is maybe possible that with a little 'trimming' they would work but I don't want to do that.

They can't be installed the other way because there is some suspension piece in the way. It's like a tubular piece, not a rod like in your pic. Your pic does match the Whiteline pic for this installation though.

Ordered the correct endlinks from RenickMotorsports.com today via overnight so hopefullly I get them for the long weekend! Front endlinks installed great.

I noticed a big difference but I changed my front swaybar and put in urethane swaybar bushings at the same time. From what I've heard lately the endlinks, even the plastic rear c-links, don't flex all that much. Either way the car settles into corners right away and is quicker to change direction.

They do break sometimes with bigger bars though, which is a better reason to upgrade.