Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just purchased a 98 Chevy Metro and it's carborated. Is it a good idea to run seafoam through this engine? Where should I put it in? Straight into the carb? Would it do anything to put it in the gas tank or techron in the tank?

should be fine using seafoam, says its safe with carbourated and fuel injected. so dump seafoam in the tank and through the carb.

I just purchased a 98 Chevy Metro and it's carborated. Is it a good idea to run seafoam through this engine? Where should I put it in? Straight into the carb? Would it do anything to put it in the gas tank or techron in the tank?

As I understand it, you should do an oil change short after running seafoam, even through the gas tank. SeaFoam dilutes or contaminated the engine oil (from cylinder blow-by).

Some people add it to the oil, I've heard, but that I would never do on an old engine for fear of knocking off enough sludge to plug the pump pickup.

I've heard of some vacuuming it directly in to the intake while running, but I can't see that doing much besides washing the valves.

For a quick fix that may reduce the life of the engine, use it injudiciously.:cool: