Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hoodscoop needed?

Top mount seems like the easiest and cheapest so have forgotten about looks of the front mount and will go the top mount way.

probably looking at running 11-13pounds

Do i need a bonnet/hood scoop?

Could i say run a cold air intake pipe or to much hassle?

Top mount seems like the easiest and cheapest

No old Saabs in your neighbourhood?

($100 Saab usually nets you a water cooled TD04 and front mount intercooler)

I am not going to tell you there is no work involved in a front mount, but any work usually is not as visually critical as mounting a scoop on the hood, and I've seen lots of "badly" hacked hoods. (I am not questioning your body work skills).

Could i say run a cold air intake pipe or to much hassle?

Your current set-up gets air from inside the fender, a lot of "cold air set-ups" get air from under hood, where is the air cooler?

I was thinking running a pipe which supplies cold air to eliminate the need for a hood scoop.

Chances are ill screw my hood scoop up in some way so trying to avoid it all together even though i am all right with bog/fibreglass work.

Old saabs arent to common here in New Zealand but there would definately be a few recks i could pick from.

I was going towards the nice shjiny brand new intercooler as for the front mount option.

I was thinking running a pipe which supplies cold air to eliminate the need for a hood scoop.

Chances are ill screw my hood scoop up in some way so trying to avoid it all together even though i am all right with bog/fibreglass work.

Old saabs arent to common here in New Zealand but there would definately be a few recks i could pick from.

I was going towards the nice shiny brand new intercooler as for the front mount option.

I was going towards the nice shjiny brand new intercooler as for the front mount option.

See if you can find an old 9000, of course if the front is smashed, so too will be the intercooler. Saab engines require a timing chain/guide replacement at about 150,000-200,000 miles, parts about $500US and it is an engine out operation, just enough, in some cases, to send the car to scrap (or makes them really cheap to buy). You will not beat Saab seats.

speaking of saab seats.After the 16th when I time to work on my wagon I am gonna replace my front seats with saab seats for the 82 900 that I am running in the derby car...Right now though,all of my free time/monies goes to derby car...But they are VERY comfy and supportive and they are blue so they match my interior perfectly...