Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ, is there really any other option?

Tosh

Remember its ALL (99%) in the tuning until you get stupid.

I made about 320 WHEEL hp on the open deck 2.2 with stock turbo pistons and was running high 12's @ 105-108 with the stock NA 5mt. When I swapped over motors I was running 12.5 @ 112 mph with a slipping clutch.

I am shooting for mid 11's with the NA 5mt (obviously using an upgraded clutch) with the latest motor build.

Remember its ALL (99%) in the tuning until you get stupid.

I made about 320 WHEEL hp on the open deck 2.2 with stock turbo pistons and was running high 12's @ 105-108 with the stock NA 5mt. When I swapped over motors I was running 12.5 @ 112 mph with a slipping clutch.

I am shooting for mid 11's with the NA 5mt (obviously using an upgraded clutch) with the latest motor build.

You sir, are the testament to the n/a tranny I've tried to tell people about, lol

I have had to rebuild my tranny twice....

First was a really really really bad misshift from 1st to 2nd at 6500 rpm. Basically didnt get it fully engaged when I fully engaged 220 foot pound of tourqu. My fault.

Second time was shifting out of 4th, and lost third. All I can figure is that a loos piece of tranny tooth from the first incident finally got sucked up and into the geartrain. I was NOT racing when this happened. It was simply - Accellarate - shift out of 4th - Bang , lose 3rd...... whacky....

I ran my car for about 4 months as FWD only (no rear end, just front half of the driveshaft....center diff locked). even in some snow....

it was OK, only problem was in 1st. I could easily roast a front tire at any speed in 1st. no chance of WOT acceleration. but for DD duty, it's fine. but in the long run, you'll want to go FT.