Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Doing an EJ 22 swap. HELP!!!!!

raspaplancha

My gl 10 motor just tooka crap. It is my only car and I work at a shop and i would like to do a EJ22 swap. I do not know how and I need a play by play on how to install and make it run properly. I have had this site for a while just never put it to use and I need help. What do I need to do exactly. I already have an EJ22 and I am trying to obtain the conversion plate. Can anyone help me. 410 627 1419. I really want to get this done 'cause These swaps do not exist here on the east coast since everyone here just buys the new subarus. I want to have more horse power in my wagon since my wagon usually goes where some of these wrx cannot! Here is my number to my cell 410 627 1419 and to the shop I work at. Truck shop!!! 410 876 6014 ask for Charles.

This isn't the place for a question of this nature. But if you will direct your attention to the USRM link at the top right of your browser, there is a great write-up availible in there.

Also Look in the Retrofitting Forum and search through other people's adventures.

Yes I am finishing up with my swap( Im just a backyard mechanic) The write up by Numbchux is GREAT COVERS EVERYTHING!!! just download it and print it off. Also everyone one here is very willing to help with any question, Ive never had a question that wasnt anwsered swiftly and correctly. If the EA82 to EJ22 swap is what you want to do this is the place to BE:grin:

Tony~

you can make an adapter plate from 12mm (1/2" inch plate alumunum 14" x 14"

make a template tracing the ej22 and ea82 transmissiion and overlap them lining up the holes for the studs and there is your shape. you can cut it out with a jigsaw

be aware of the dowels

use a m10 x 1.25 tap for the threads

the flywheel the holes will have to be slotted to fit the EJ

the bottom studs and the pilot hole will line up naturally, you will have to figure out the top bolting

These swaps do not exist here on the east coast since everyone here just buys the new subarus.

AHEM. I live on the east coast and my loyale has an ej22 in it so they DO exist on the east coast. However, it is a lot of work and fiddling around and not for the easily discouraged, but man o man is the power nice. You will be able to cremate the front tires at will, and the ej22 harness can be easily adapted to run an ej25 at a later date when you get even more power hungry.