Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What does NS stand for???

It may mean that, and it's still a company.

I will research this further. I know for sure that "Nippon (or Nihon) sei" means "made in Japan", but the "ki" bugs me. So I made an educated guess. I'll try to find which ki is being used, and which sei. These syllables are very common in Japanese, and are used for many characters. I might find these four characters in Japanese somewhere on the car. I'll try tomorrow when it's light out.

Oh duh. Went to this website, from there to the Japanese version, found Nippon Seiki in Japanese. Looked up in dictionary. Means Japan Spirit (or Energy) Machine (company).

Wow that just sound's cool!!!! Nothing like Japan!:headbang: I like the Japan Spirit (or Energy) Machine (company) thing!! Subaru's are the best!!

PoorManzImpreza they also make the world famous defi guages that cost more than our cars..and STILL make the stock subaru instraments..

Kaz

There guages really cost that much:eek:

Wow that just sound's cool!!!! Nothing like Japan!:headbang: I like the Japan Spirit (or Energy) Machine (company) thing!! Subaru's are the best!!

There guages really cost that much:eek:

Probably the best translation would be Spirit of Japan Machinery Co.