Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I want to change my fuel filter on my 2001 Forester. My book tells me to disconnect the fuel pump relay so that I don't have pressure in the line. It shows the relay as being one of three connectors grouped above and to the left of the brake pedal. I can't find anything down there that closely fits the bill. I've attached a picture with two different harness groups and I'm hoping maybe you guys can point me to the fuel pump relay. Connectors 1 through 3 are pretty much against the side wall towards the driver door. Connectors 4 through 6 are right above the hood release. I'd appreciate any direction you could give.

Alan

League City, TX

post-1163-136027623893_thumb.jpg

When I changed the fuel filter on my 94 TW, I unplugged the harness from the fuel pump (easily accessible from under the carpet in the back) and ran the car until it died (a second). Opened the gas cap. Barely was any fuel pressure in the system and a minimal amount squirted out. Quick and painless replacement.