Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justice Bros Fuel Injector Cleaner...

...Is the shizznit! I got some at work today for free (They give it to us so we can tell people how good it is, I guess.. We also have their air intake cleaner, motor flush, power steering flush, and some other goodies)

So I did it to my 90 Legacy.. MAN does it idle smooth as glass now! It's a three part kit that we sell for $37.95 (Don't know what the labor is though), one can you put in a cleaning machine, which is little more than a steel canister with an air line fitting and regulator at one end, and a big PSI guage with a hose at the other, that is connected to a Tee that connects to the supply and return lines for the fuel injection. (So basically the engine is running off of the cleaner in the canister, not the fuel in the tank). A second can of less-powerful cleaner is poured into the gas tank at the same time, (You don't want to put the stuff that's supposed to go in the machine in the tank, as it will break all the gunk free from the tank and clog the pickup screen), and then a third bottle is added to the tank at the next fillup. I haven't gotten to that point, but the immediate difference after I hooked it all back up was amazing, the idle is a lot smoother, and the throttle response is a lot quicker now as well.

After looking at the "machine" (Which is an OTC tool so it's probably $300+) I think one could make one without too much trouble..

I had good results simply dumping 2 bottles worth of Redline SI-2 into my tank. It's double the dose and has many of the same chemicals at "Techron" at a lower price and at higher concentrations.

Your stuff does sound interesting though.

What I really need is something I can put into my car to remove the carbon deposits in my cylinders without taking the thing apart. (This is actually for my Honda CRX, and not for my Subaru Legacy. The Legacy doesn't have problems with deposits yet. The CRX has 287,000 miles, the Sub 160,000 miles.)

Any suggestions?

What I really need is something I can put into my car to remove the carbon deposits in my cylinders without taking the thing apart. (This is actually for my Honda CRX, and not for my Subaru Legacy. The Legacy doesn't have problems with deposits yet. The CRX has 287,000 miles, the Sub 160,000 miles.)

Any suggestions?

BTW, I tried something I saw on some other boards, and I figured what the heck... Pouring water in your carb while running the car after it's gotten hot. You have to make sure to do it slowly so you don't hydrolock your engine. Did it work? Hells yes! :banana: No more pinging like I had ALL THE TIME, even when using 93 octane. Wooo.

Sounds very similar to the Wynns products we used at Chrysler/Jeep. GM also makes a product commonly called top end cleaner that you spray heavily through your intake,it smokes like hell and sure loosens things up,almost to much,definitely change your oil. Is this Justice Bros available to the public?

Hm..do you remember the name of the justice bros package? I'd never heard of them, but they have a wide range of products on their web site.

it's #2 and #3 from this page, along with another can that looks like #2 but it's added to an injector cleaning machine. It comes all shrink-wrapped together, but not in a neat little box like they have on the web page.

There is a canister of stuff that comes with the emission system service kit that is a combustion chamber cleaner.. Says you are supposed to use the tool #blah blah blah with it, but the "Tool" is just a container with a hose coming off of it that plugs into a vacuum line on the intake, Has a small orofice on top of the canister so it doesn't squirt in very much of the cleaner, but it looks like it'd be relatively easy to make... (There is also some stuff in a spray can)