Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No its not rare. All 99 legacy's will have the 30th aniversary stuff on it. The limited is the top-o-the line model for 98 and 99. Nothing truely special except leather. And I think they may have gotten gold paint on the inside of the wheels spokes. I would say its probably worth that, but if it still has the original head gaskets, you know what to do...

$5,500 is a reasonable price for that vehicle if it's in great condition. the 99's have some strange quirks to them...the automatics have a common delay into gear issue that is not easily fixed. the two people that i know personally that have a 99 have this issues (one just had her trans rebuilt less than a month ago) and the other had it replaced...only to still have the same issue with their used trans. and the local mechanics have seen it before as well. as far as i can tell it seems the 99's have this issue far more often than other years, even 98's and 00's. the speedo likes to quit working on the 99's and of course the headgaskets. and check for binding as well.

is it the SUS or a GT sedan? if it's a two-tone then it's an SUS sedan, not a GT i think. either way, both are great vehicles.