Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Receiver Dryer

I am having no luck finding the right receiver/dryer at my local parts stores.

Its for a 1988 GL-10 with Hitachi air conditioning.

Any one have a good part number for a replacement?

july2007046sj9.th.jpg

july2007050gr0.th.jpg

Thanks.

Check out: http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=37-13209&Category_Code=Subaru88GL1-8

This is from the ackits.com website. They're good folks, and the associated forum is very helpful with A/C repairs. You can always give them a call to verify that it will be the correct part for the Hitachi system.

Thanks, but I was up at that Autozone today as a matter of fact...and Napa, and couple of others...The problem is I can't find a receiver dryer with the extra threaded "port" for the switch that mounts into the body of the receiver dryer.

I assume this is a low pressure switch....if anyone knows another place that I can get away with locating this switch in the system?

I'm not an a/c expert here, I just need to replace this part before I place a vacuum on the system, and then try to recharge...

I see your problem - I had noticed the pressure switch on your receiver/dryer and just assumed that the replacements I linked to had the port. I would still contact the folks at ackits.com and see if they have any cross-listed parts that will interchange, or if they can recommend an alternate solution like an inline pressure switch (like the Loyales have). Speaking of which, you may be able to replace one of your hard refrigerant lines with the same line from a Loyale with the integral inline switch. You might need to splice in the electrical connector from the Loyale, too. I'm not sure if the lines are routed the same, but it might work?

Ok cool I didn't know the Loyales had that set up. That might be a solution for me. I'll see what I can find at the local u-pull maybe tomorrow-thanks for the info!

I see your problem - I had noticed the pressure switch on your receiver/dryer and just assumed that the replacements I linked to had the port. I would still contact the folks at ackits.com and see if they have any cross-listed parts that will interchange, or if they can recommend an alternate solution like an inline pressure switch (like the Loyales have). Speaking of which, you may be able to replace one of your hard refrigerant lines with the same line from a Loyale with the integral inline switch. You might need to splice in the electrical connector from the Loyale, too. I'm not sure if the lines are routed the same, but it might work?