Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The tragic and untimley death of Vicki

It's interesting how we are all expressing sympathy for something the rest of America considers disposable.

"An 80's bucket. Ohh just get rid of it and get a new 90's bucket."

Also interesting how I was getting a bit emotional reading about Vicki and how she sacrificed herself to save you. I hope to never put Bob the FRANKENBRAT in that position one day, but I know that if it came to it. He'd give himself up.

I think that older cars eventually develop something that we could call souls. Something that car nuts can bond with.

CzarMohab, thanks for the obituary on Vicki.

BW

Czar..if something like what happened to Vicki ..happened to Buck..I dont think I would be taking it as well as you are..I probably wouldnt be able to talk to anyone for weeks...I know how bad I was when I thought he was finished because of his wheel wells.

If anything..keep at least one part of her to put into the sedan...something familiar ( if I get another EA82 wagon..I was thinking the steering wheel). She DID give you her all and we are greatful that you are here today being able to type this.

OH on your other thread..I actually think you can do what you think..just swapping the tranny that way its all ready for when you add the rest of it...I think someone mentioned that to me awhile back but dont mark my words on it

Thanks for the support :banana:

I've already taken the steering wheel cover, CB radio, and my guardian angel... and if I get the chance, the horn I added because it was all I had and Vicki had a bum one, provided it survived. Definately the Subaru hubcaps she had, those were kinda sweet.

As to the guardian angel: I think he's kinda lazy, because I've actually been in accidents in every car I've owned (except Junior), and he's been in every car I've owned. I've never been seriously hurt, though, so all is well enough. He's represented by an Itchy plush that I got (permanantly borrowed) from Denny's long ago when I worked there and we were promoting All Dogs Go to Heaven 2 (98 or 99).

As to being able to talk about it... Its my style to try to find the lighter side of things, rather than focus on doom and gloom. I was more miffed because the chocolates that I got for my wife's birthday got all melty and her card got wrinkled. I don't really know how to explain it all though, I'm not over it by any means, I guess just accepting of the situation and that I can't change it.

As to the guardian angel: I think he's kinda lazy, because I've actually been in accidents in every car I've owned (except Junior), and he's been in every car I've owned. I've never been seriously hurt, though, so all is well enough.

As to being able to talk about it... Its my style to try to find the lighter side of things, rather than focus on doom and gloom. I was more miffed because the chocolates that I got for my wife's birthday got all melty and her card got wrinkled. I don't really know how to explain it all though, I'm not over it by any means, I guess just accepting of the situation and that I can't change it.

A: It sounds like the angel is working full time; it also sounds like you might have a leprechaun gnawing at you. Are you Irish perchance? contrary to popular belief, the "luck of the irish" seems to be rather crummy, and it sounds like your Itchy does a valiant job fighting your little demon away when he tries to mess with you.

B: Good philosophy to take towards things. Sometimes adopting a policy of "Don't sweat the small stuff" is appropriate; sometimes sweating the small stuff helps to ignore harping on the major excrement hitting the air conditioning. And humor can bring a smile to a toothless grin :grin:

It's interesting how we are all expressing sympathy for something the rest of America considers disposable.

"An 80's bucket. Ohh just get rid of it and get a new 90's bucket."

Also interesting how I was getting a bit emotional reading about Vicki and how she sacrificed herself to save you. I hope to never put Bob the FRANKENBRAT in that position one day' date=' but I know that if it came to it. He'd give himself up.

I think that older cars eventually develop something that we could call souls. Something that car nuts can bond with.

CzarMohab, thanks for the obituary on Vicki.

BW[/quote']

Agreed!

Glad you were ok, Czar. Wow, that was some crash.:eek:

RIP, little roo. You will be missed.