Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Want to change wiper turn-stock to Intermittent [2K OBW]

My 2K OBW does not have an intermittent wiper turn stock. Has anyone successfully retrofited the non-int wiper system to int?

I realize that there's an intermittent relay (or control "box") somewhere- probably under the dash. But as far as details I know nothing.

BTW- search results mostly come up with threads in the Old Gen board.

AFAIK, it only takes a change of the control stalk. It doesn't require anything else.

Thanks for understanding what I REALLY meant.

On my way home I thought, "Wait a minute, I didnt' clairfy the intermittent part."

My wipers DO have an intermittent setting, it's just the variable rotary knob on the turn stock that I don't have.

How lame that they apparently didn't make that standard in all Soobs. I've got the full winter package, pwr windows, the works, but no intermittent control turn stock!?!

Thanks for understanding what I REALLY meant.

On my way home I thought, "Wait a minute, I didnt' clairfy the intermittent part."

My wipers DO have an intermittent setting, it's just the variable rotary knob on the turn stock that I don't have.

How lame that they apparently didn't make that standard in all Soobs. I've got the full winter package, pwr windows, the works, but no intermittent control turn stock!?!

Ive been annoyed by that, especially since Blu is top of the line for his year.

Anyone know what years interchange as these seem to be hard to find.

nipper

Indeed, the solution is to swap the wiper switch. Both adjustable and non-adjustable switches have the same wiring connections. The only difference is between fixed and variable pulse intervals. Late style switches are especially easy. Early style is a little more invollved but still simple.

There were some threads about it. Also there's a sticky topic at NASIOC.

Indeed, the solution is to swap the wiper switch. Both adjustable and non-adjustable switches have the same wiring connections. The only difference is between fixed and variable pulse intervals. Late style switches are especially easy. Early style is a little more invollved but still simple.

There were some threads about it. Also there's a sticky topic in NASIOC.

So by "early" and "late" stlyles, what year range are we talking about. Chances are if it's as easy as replacing just the turn stock I'll try and find one on ebay or something. Want it as simple as possible though.

"Early" in this case means 1990-99 Legacy and 1993-97 Impreza, in US & Canada anyway. "Late" is everything that came after. Replacing your switch is simple because it plugs right into the combination switch body, so all you need to do is remove steering column covers, and then two screws holding the switch.